Removing your Google account from an Android phone can sometimes become a pain in the neck. No, I’m serious. It’s a problem faced by most of the Android users as after setting up a Google account on their Android phone, they see no options helping them to clear, change or remove that account.
According to Google’s current policies, a user doesn’t have the authority to remove or change his/her account or use more than one account on the Android phone.
But don’t worry, there’s always a solution for such problems. For me, for solving a tech-related problem, all it takes is a bit of ‘common sense’, search and Google. Yes, it’s really that simple. I did the same and came across some tricks which will help you remove your Google account on your Android phone.
Remove Google Account on Android Phone
Okay, so let’s get started with the first method for removing your account on your Android phone. Personally tested by me on my Android phone and it worked. It doesn’t require you to be an expert, it’s easy and simple. In this methodology you have to clear your Google apps app data from your Android phone.
The down side of this method is that it will also remove your contacts but you can create backups before you perform it. And one more thing, this operation is not a ‘factory rest’.
- The first thing which you need to do is to create a back up of all your personal data and store it somewhere.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Android phone and select ‘Applications‘.
- Go to Manage Applications and search for “Google Apps” and tap.
- And now tap on “Clear Data” button.
- You will see a notification on the top of the screen saying “Your account must be updated”, tap it.
- And enter your new (already created) Google account credentials.
- Reboot and congrats you’ve successfully removed/changed your Google account.
The next method to remove or change your Google account is really simple and smart. In this way, all you have to do is to change your Google account credentials from a computer and reboot your Android phone. When you will switch on, your Android will ask you to provide the correct Google account info, that’s it. Now provide your new account’s information.